This simple vegan chocolate recipe is by far one of the best out there! It’s not only creamy and indulgent but good for you! Wait, what!? Healthy chocolate? Yes!! Thanks to the base ingredient being cashew nuts, this chocolate is packed full of proteins and essential minerals & vitamins.
Made from clean simple natural ingredients: cashews, coconut oil & maple syrup. For chocolate flavour; simply add cacao powder. For matcha (green tea) option; simply add matcha powder! With only 4 ingredients needed, why don’t you try it today!
Creamy Cashew Vegan Chocolate
- Blender/food processor
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts raw & unsalted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp matcha powder
- In a blender or food processor, blend cashews, coconut oil & maple syrup until it forms into a butter like consistency
- Add cacao OR matcha powder & mix until well combined
- Test the taste – add more maple syrup for desired sweetness. Add more coconut oil if too thick
- Pour into molds & freeze for 15 minutesStore in fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months
- If coconut oil is hard, please melt before hand
- Add extra maple syrup for extra sweetness if desired
- Add more coconut oil for a runnier consistency
- Optional: Sprinkle with matcha powder after they have set
Ingredients guide for Japan residents
You can buy cashew nuts from import shops such Kaldi & Gyomu supermarket, and also from most supermarkets & convenient stores. However if you are like me & you want to buy in bulk, which is cost effective & reduces plastic I recommend buying online from here.
Coconut oil can be purchased from most supermarkets and also import food stores such as Kaldi. However it is usually very expensive! Therefore I recommend buy from iherb. There are many options to choose from and you will save a lot of money this way. Picture below is the one I use from iherb.
Maple syrup can be found in most supermarkets as far as I am aware. It can also be purchased from import stores such as Kaldi. The prices are usually quite reasonable too. Once again, you can also buy from iherb. Pictured below is one example from iherb (I haven’t tried this one, but I’m sure it’s delicious!).
Cacao powder can be purchased from most supermarkets (the options vary greatly), and can also be purchased from iherb. Pictured below is an option from iherb.