This is a really simple and easy udon noodles dish that I love to make on lazy days. Requires only a few ingredients and will be ready to eat in under ten minutes! What’s even better is it is also extremely healthy!!
Chinese yam udon noodles (とろとろうどん）
- 1 serving udon noodles (うどん）
- 3-4 inches chinese yam (naga imo;長芋） peeled & grated
- spring onions（ねぎ） finely chopped
- soy sauce （醤油）
- wasabi （わさび） optional
- Cook/prepare udon noodles as per instruction of packet (see notes),
- Peel and grate Chinese yam (see notes),
- Finely chop the spring onion,
- Once udon noodles are cooked, serve in a bowl. Then top with grated Chinese yam, spring onion, wasabi, and soy sauce. Mix well before eating!
- Dried udon noodles usually require 3-4 minutes cook time in boiling water. Frozen udon noodles take about 2 minutes in the microwave (depending on the voltage)
- Chinese yam can produce mild allergic reactions in some people. Some people complain of itchy hands after peeling the Chinese yam and also some people complain of itchy lips/around mouth after eating. Personally for me, I will get slightly itchy around the mouth that lasts for about 5 minutes.